Does internet explorer 6.0 on Windows CE 5.0 supports AJAX?
Daniele Z.
2008-12-02 09:54:00 UTC
Good morning,

I'm trying to execute a simple piece of code to test AJAX functionalities on
Windows CE 5.0 and Internet explorer 6.0. The result is always the same:"Your
browser does not support AJAX!". Javascript is enabled.
Is really not supported on WinCE 5.0 or am I missing something?
Thanks a lot for help...
Daniele

<script language=javascript>
function ajaxFunction()
{var xmlHttp;
try
{ // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari
xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();
}
catch (e)
{ // Internet Explorer
try
{ xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
}
catch (e)
{
try
{ xmlHttp=new
ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
}
catch (e)
{ alert("Your browser does not
support AJAX!");
return false;
}
}
}
}
</script>
<form name="f1">
<input value="Go" type="button" onclick='JavaScript:ajaxFunction()'></p>
</form>
Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]
2008-12-02 15:07:22 UTC
I doubt that it will actually work, but, as for your test, you can get
Msxml2.XMLHTTP into the OS by building it correctly (adding the XMLHTTP
component, SYSGEN_MSXML_HTTP).

Paul T.
Tony Paille
2008-12-12 01:56:16 UTC
Geez, Paul, that sounds so negative. Since I need to use this bit of
code myself in the near future I have to ask why you "doubt that it will
actually work"? And, probably also important, what do you mean by
--
Tony Paille
NetStorm Consulting
paille (a t) netstorm (d o t) ca
Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]
2008-12-15 16:55:59 UTC
I doubt that just trying to build in the XML HTTP stuff without IE6
components will work. That is, I think that either a) the build will seem
to work, but your calls to the code won't work because things that they need
will not be present, or b) including the indicated SYSGEN variable will
cause a bunch of IE6 components to be built into the OS, too. Just because
there's a component called X that you want doesn't mean that you can build
an OS with just X in it. If it needs Y, that will either be built in
automatically or trying to use X without it will fail. Usually, those
dependencies will cause the extra pieces to be included.

Paul T.