Read/write USB HID device
Zeverin
2008-06-08 16:41:01 UTC
Hello everyone

I'm trying to connect to and read/write from a digital I/O device (ADU200
ontrak) from Windows CE 5. The manufacturer supplies a driver for WinXP but
not for WinCe.

Now, the manufacturer says that as the device complies with HID it can be
used with the built in Windows HID driver.

I assume that the built in driver is the USBHID.dll which seems to load
automatically when the devices is connected to the USB port.

Is it possible to load that dll from a (winCE) C#-project?
Or what would I need to do?

I'm (obviously) quite inexperienced in this field (WinCE/HID) and have
attempted to search for answers without any luck.

I appreciate any help you can offer me

Thank you.
Andrew
2010-12-07 09:13:47 UTC
Hi, I was wondering if you had any luck with the development of your CE application? I too have an Ontrack device (ADU208) and am keen to get working under CE, but cannot seem to communicate to it using HID. I have attempted using the generic HID drivers rather than the provided aduhid driver without any luck.

Thanks, Andrew
Post by Zeverin
Hello everyone
I'm trying to connect to and read/write from a digital I/O device (ADU200
ontrak) from Windows CE 5. The manufacturer supplies a driver for WinXP but
not for WinCe.
Now, the manufacturer says that as the device complies with HID it can be
used with the built in Windows HID driver.
I assume that the built in driver is the USBHID.dll which seems to load
automatically when the devices is connected to the USB port.
Is it possible to load that dll from a (winCE) C#-project?
Or what would I need to do?
I'm (obviously) quite inexperienced in this field (WinCE/HID) and have
attempted to search for answers without any luck.
I appreciate any help you can offer me
Thank you.
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft ASP.NET For Beginners